HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR COUNSELING SESSION
All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor for academic planning & career guidance. Prior to your academic planning meeting, please complete the following steps and learn of other resources available to all students.
1. Watch the video- Creating your Academic Plan – General Education
2. Download & print your selected General Education Pattern
- General Education Pattern for Associate of Arts (AA) Degree 2022-2023 | PDF | Homepage
- General Education Pattern for Associate of Science AS Degree 2022-2023 | PDF | Homepage
- California State University General Education-Breadth (CSU GE-B) 2022-2023 | PDF | Homepage
- Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) 2022-2023 | PDF | Homepage
1. Watch the video: Creating your Academic Plan- Major requirements
2. Visit our Degree & Certificates homepage to view the complete list of all the associate degrees & certificates offered at LPC (in alphabetical order).
3. Select your degree. View the list of the major courses required for the degree or certificate.
4. Click on "View Program Map" at the top of the page. The program map is the suggested 4 semester educational plan which includes general education and major courses. The maps are geared for full time enrollment to complete your degree in 2 years or 4 semesters.
Note: AA-T and AS- T are the California State University transfer degrees. You must use the CSU GE Breadth or IGETC GE patterns with these degrees.
New Student Group Planning Session
An abbreviated education plan is one or two semesters in length and is typically used for entering first time students.
Degree Works allows you to view your Student Educational Plan and confirm what courses you have completed, as well as what courses remain, toward meeting your educational objective(s). DegreeWorks matches your academic and course history, as well as your current course schedule, against the degree requirements as defined in the LPC College Catalog.
- To access Degree Works, follow these steps:
- Sign on to CLASS-Web by entering your User W-ID number and PIN
- Once logged in, navigate to the Student Services Tab,
- Scroll down and locate the DegreeWorks Tab
- If you have questions or need more information, please visit the DegreeWorks Homepage
The official course transfer and articulation system for California’s public colleges and universities (CSU & UC). Use the assist website to identify the lower division courses for your major that should be completed at Las Positas College prior to transferring to the 4-year university. ·
- To access the assist website, , follow these steps:
- Visit the Assist homepage
- Select Las Positas College as your institution
- Select your transfer university in the agreements with other institutions box
- Select view agreements
- Then select your major. The courses on the right-hand side of the sheet are the major courses that you should complete at LPC before you transfer.