Student Health & Wellness Services
Las Positas College Behavioral Health Services
Behavioral Health Services offer short term (6 sessions per semester) personal counseling to provide a confidential, safe place where you can focus on your concerns and we can help you deal with whatever's getting in the way of living your life in the most fulfilling way.
- Mental Health Counseling Electronic Intake Packet (for student use - return counseling request packet to email@example.com)
Some people mistakenly assume there must be something "wrong" with them in order to seek counseling. Talking with a personal counselor does not mean that you have serious psychological problems – it just means that you would like to talk to someone (besides your friend, partner, or parents) about what's going on in your life.
Examples of Issues
Students bring a broad range of issues they would like to work on, including:
- Relationship conflicts (with partner, parents, instructor, boss, or roommates)
- Loss (various types)
- Romantic breakups or disappointments
- Problems with studying, including time management and procrastination
- Feeling bad about oneself / low self-esteem
- Depression or anxiety
- Women's or men's issues
- Survival struggles
- Cultural and ethnic identity
- Foreign student, acculturation concerns
- Body image or problems with food
- Questions about alcohol and other substances
- Gay, Lesbian, bisexual, or transgender issues
- Various adjustment issues
Cost & Eligibility
There is no fee for any student currently enrolled in a credit class. However, you must call to cancel any appointment you are not able to make as no-shows count against your total number of eligible visits.
- Assessment of current situation may include counseling or referrals to community services for longer-term work.
- Short-term individual counseling (6 sessions per semester)
- Support groups/workshops
Personal Counseling Drop-In Hours
Interested in Personal Counseling?
Call the Student Health Center at 925-424-1830, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop the Student Health Wellness Center.
Student Health & Wellness Center
The Health Center follows the Las Positas College academic calendar.
Clinic will be closed 1:00-1:30 pm for lunch break.
Nurse Practitioner/Center Coordinator
Patricia “Tricia” Gonsman, MSN FNP-C
Certified Medical Assistant
"988" is the three-digit, nationwide phone number to connect directly to the 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline.