- Las Positas College
- Financial Aid
- Cares Act Emergency Grants/Covid Resources
- Financial Aid Home
- 2022-2023 Pell Grant Chart
- Important FA Policies to Know (PDF)
- AB 19 Promise Scholarship
- All Types of Financial Aid
- Apply for Financial Aid
- BankMobile Disbursements
- California Dream Act and AB 540
- Covid Emergency Grants
- CCPG Fee Waiver
- Cost of Attendance
- FA Forms and Petitions
- EFC Appeal/Special Circumstances Petition
- FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FA Payment Dates
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Work-Study Jobs
- Foster Youth Resources
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Policies & Procedures
- Resources for LPC Students
- Sample Award Notification
- Tax Information (1098-T)
- Verify My Application
- Financial Aid for Veterans
$525 CALIFORNIA COVID EMERGENCY GRANTS for Fall or Spring 2023
2022 State Fiscal Recovery Funds Emergency Financial Assistance Grants have now been fully distributed to LPC students who are California residents or AB540-eligible, to provide emergency financial aid for low-income students due to Covid. Eligible students enrolled in fall received grants in December. Limited remaining funds have now been distributed for spring and were provided to Pell-eligible students enrolled in spring 2023 who did not receive funds for fall.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE CALIFORNIA EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE GRANTS:
.● Your 2022-2023 FAFSA or CADAA must have been received by Las Positas College. If your official college or your Financial Aid Application is for Chabot College we cannot process your grant nor any financial aid funds unless the college on both your declared college and your financial aid applications are both Las Positas.
● Your 2022-2023 FAFSA or CADAA must indicate an ‘Expected Family Contribution’ or it is invalid.
● Concurrently-enrolled high school students are not eligible.
● You must be enrolled in 6 or more units at the time the funds are disbursed.
● FAFSA filers must be citizens or eligible noncitizens in a legal immigration status as determined by your FAFSA results or documentation.
● You must be eligible for the CCPG Fee Waiver and must have at least $500 in unmet financial need to qualify.
● CADAA filers must apply for and be approved for AB-540 status through Admissions to qualify. https://laspositascollege.edu/admissions/assets/docs/2022ab540intersegaffidavit.pdf
Payment for FAFSA filers is provided through BankMobile; all recipients must select a refund delivery method to receive their funds. Please log on to www.refundselection.com and either activate the Personal Code from the Refund Selection Kit that was mailed/emailed to you or select ‘Need a Code’ and a new code will be provided. Once you have logged into your account, you have the option to choose how you want to receive your funds.
Contact our financial aid office if you need assistance with setting up your BankMobile refund.
AB540 grant recipients will be notified to pick up their check from the Financial Aid Office.
ATTENTION! Did your (or your family’s) income drop significantly in 2021 or 2022 due to Covid or other reasons? If so consider filing a Special Circumstance/EFC Appeal AFTER we receive your initial FAFSA results, or speak to a financial aid advisor. This allows us to reduce your FAFSA income so that you may qualify for financial aid, or for additional aid, based on your more recent financial situation instead of relying on 2020 information which is used for your FAFSA/CADAA.
For assistance with your application or questions please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, email us at email@example.com, phone (925) 424-1580, or visit our office on the second floor of Building 1600.
Federal Cares Act Emergency Grants and Covid Resources
Free Money for all students enrolled in 3 or more units!
FEDERAL HEERF III/CARES ACT EMERGENCY GRANTS
LPC has less than $300,000 HEERF III/CARES EMERGENCY FUNDS remaining to spend.
Funds are currently being utilized to pay off student’s accounts with outstanding
debts of $100 or more owed to the college which were incurred between Spring 2020
(when the covid emergency first began) and summer 2022. Students must apply for LPC
debt relief through an online application, and must not have received a prior account
payoff to qualify. Students may inquire at the Financial Aid Office.
Later in spring term 2023, remaining CARES funds will be provided as grants. Criteria will be determined at that time, but funds will be very limited.
Only students who have submitted a 2022-2023 FAFSA or CADAA will be considered for a grant.
For assistance with your application or questions please contact the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, visit our office on the second floor of Building 1600, or contact us through Cranium Café during posted hours (https://laspositascollege.edu/financialaid/cranium-cafe.php)
Resources for Students and Families
List of resources for students who have lost their jobs, have no insurance, etc. PDF
The Quick Screener (https://www.alluma.org/alluma-quick-screener) is a fast and easy-to-use online tool that allows Californians to see if they may be eligible for two of California’s largest food and medical assistance programs –
- CalFresh and Medi-Cal – before taking the time to fill out an application. View Flyer
- Any Non US citizens/DACA families can access food when in need at https://foodfinder.us/
Personal Finance Resources - https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/consumer-policy/personal-finance-and-consumer-protection-steps-for-quicker-financial-relief
Beware of COVID-19 Scams - https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/coronavirus.shtml
Financial Aid Office
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Building 1600, Room 1650
Livermore, CA 94551
Fax: (925) 449-6038
Cranium Café - Speak to an advisor Online
Please Note: We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
Federal School Code
- Financial Aid in Six Steps Flyer
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Office Staff
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394