- Las Positas College
- Admissions & Records
- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
General - (FAQs)
To get your Student ID W#:
- Go to CLASS-Web.
- On the "Welcome to CLASS-Web" page, click on "Sign on to CLASS-Web" at the top left.
- On the User Login page, enter your SSN in the User ID field, and enter your default PIN NUMBER (this is automatically preset to your birth date, in the following format - MMDDYY (two digits for the month, two digits for the day, and two digits for the year), and click LOGIN.
- The next page may say "your pin has expired" - You will enter your birth date in the OLD PIN field, and then enter your own six numbers (no letters) into the NEW PIN field.
- On the next page, re-enter your NEW PIN number, then use the pull down menu to select a security question, enter an answer, and click SUBMIT.
- The next page may say "Terms of Usage" - read the page and click CONTINUE.
- When the page comes up and says "Welcome (your name) to CLASS-Web", go down to item #1 and click "What is my W Number".
Please visit the Distance Education website for information about our online courses. Should you need technical assistance or a question answered about Distance Education, contact LPC Distance Education Support at LPCdistEd@laspositascollege.edu or 925.424.1142.
Noncredit - (FAQs)
In general, credit classes are designed for students who are interested in earning college credits towards an associate degree, certificate, or transfer to a four-year college or university. Students who take credit classes receive a letter grade (A, B, C, D or F) at the end of the semester or term.
Noncredit classes are intended for students who want to gain general knowledge, learn a new skill, upgrade existing skills, enrich their understanding about a topic, or develop personal interests. Noncredit classes are also a way to enhance learning in credit classes. Upon completion of a noncredit class, students may receive a grade of Pass (P), No Pass (NP) or Satisfactory Progress (SP). Some noncredit classes do assign standard letter grades (A, B, C, D, or F).
Yes, students may register for noncredit classes online only after successfully submitting an admission application to Las Positas College. Once admitted, students may register for noncredit classes online through CLASS-Web, the student online portal.
Students will find noncredit classes listed by area of noncredit in Las Positas Searchable Class Schedule. Noncredit courses are numbered between 200-299. Noncredit class and program descriptions may be found in the Las Positas College Catalog.
Admissions & Records Office
Building 1600, Second Floor
Please send all Admissions and Records inquires via email.
Drop box is located in the hallway on the wall near the back entrance door that can be used before and after business hours.