We are a group of students who strive for continued improvement and excellence. We
are in the business club to fine-tune our qualities of a leader: resilience, determination,
responsibility, confidence, intuition, inspiration, and many more. We aim to be ready
to learn, ready to lead, and ready to teach.
The Business Club at Las Positas College is a collection of exceptional individuals who make progress in the goals for business and society and is not exclusive to only business majors. We welcome all students who want to make meaningful and productive connections with fellow bright students. Together, we work to increase skills in leadership, time-management, resume-building, and other skills that are sharpened while working on projects, tasks, and activities.
Come join us today in becoming a leader! Fill out an interest form now.
View meeting information on the Student Life Club page under Phi Beta Lambda (Business Club).
The Business Club is affiliated with the Future Business Leaders of America-Phi Beta
Lambda (FBLA-PBL) and is committed to the promotion of education in business, marketing
and finance. The organization hopes to inspire young persons throughout the community
to pursue and achieve their business goals. Through diversified lectures, conferences,
experience in a business environment, and application of business strategy, the organization
will motivate and propel young professionals to success. The organization will offer
students not only the strategic tools, but also the experience necessary to prepare
them for the corporate idealism of today and to become the industry leader of tomorrow.
FBLA-PBL has over 12,000 members nationwide and it is open to all postsecondary students who have an interest in business or leadership. The FBLA-PBL Mission is to bring business and education together in a positive working relationship through innovative leadership and career development programs. The mission is brought to life through the application of the motto: Service, Education, and Progress.
FBLA-PBL has established nine goals for the organization:
1. Promote competent, assertive business leadership.
2. Strengthen confidence of students in themselves and their work.
3. Create an interest in and an understanding of American business enterprise.
4. Encourage development of individual projects which improve the home, business, and community.
5. Facilitate the transition from school to work.
6. Assist students in the establishment of career goals.
7. Encourage scholarship and promote school loyalty.
8. Encourage and practice sound financial management.
9. Develop character, prepare for useful citizenship, and foster patriots.