Behavioral Intervention Resource Team (BIRT)
Reporting a Student of Concern
The behavioral concerns and resources listed below will help you determine the appropriate referral option. If you are unsure about where to refer a student, please feel free to contact anyone of the BIRT members to consult about a student behavior.
In emergency situations immediately contact
Campus Safety (925) 424-1699
or 911 off-site
Behavioral Concerns to be Addressed Immediately
- Is the student's behavior an immediate threat to self or others?
- Does the student's behavior disrupt authorized activities or damage property?
- Has the student allegedly broken a law or does the student appear to be under the influence?
Non Urgent Behavioral Concern
- Has the student allegedly violated an institutional rule?
- Is the student's behavior disruptive, is he or she not complying with directions of college personel, or is s/he taking up an inordinate amount of instructors time?
- Do you have concerns about the student for other reasons or is the situation still unresolved?
Student Health & Wellness Center
Refer these students for appointments with an MFT/MFT Intern @ the student health & wellness center or counseling department. The health center WILL NOT contact the student to make an appointment, the referral form is strictly informational for the MFT/MFT Intern. The student needs to contact the health & wellness center to make an appointment.
- Is the student exhibiting unhealthy psychological behavior, showing apparent impaired behavior, or not acting like him/herself?
- Is there a drop in the student's attendence/performance, or does the student report getting in trouble with the law, display lack of motivation, or seem lethargic?
- Student reports struggling with alcohol or other drug use (e.g. a desire to stop, cut down, or risky behavior)
For More Information Please Contact:
Executive Assistant to Vice President of Student Services
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Building 1600, Room 1669
Livermore, CA 94551
Call Campus Safety
Off Campus Dial 911