Black Cultural Resource Center
BEA Calendar 2023
BEA Meetings, 1st Mondays at 10:00 a.m.
AUGUST 19 - Welcome Day for 1st Generation College Students, 9:00a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - The BCRC will have a table!
- JUNE 17 - Juneteenth Festival, Bankhead Plaza Livermore, 10:00a.m. - 4:00 p.m. - The BCRC will have a table!
Black History Month!
FEB 1-28 "Today in Black History" Daily Email Facts
FEB 1 - ACAP College Day feat. Oakland High, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
BEA Town Meeting Presentation, 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Movie and Porch Talk, 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. (PDF)
FEB 8 - LPC vs. Chabot Women's Basketball, 5:00 p.m. (Link)
FEB 15 - Self-Care is Afro-Centric: Come and Chill with Us, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. (PDF)
FEB 22 - Afro-Centric Healing, 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. (PDF)
FEB 23 - POSTPONED - Black History Month Showcase in the Mertes Center for the Arts (4000), 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. (PDF)
Women's History Month
- MAR 16 - BCRC is closed all day due to Flex Day
- MAR 16 - Post-Flex Day Meeting, 4 p.m. (BEA view your Outlook calendar invitation)
- MAR 25 - LPC Open House, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - The BCRC will be open!
- MAR 31 - BEA Planning Retreat, 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- APR 24 - The Black Student Leadership Summit, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (PDF)
- APR 24 - The Black Hour - The Holistic Black Student Experience: We are not a Monolith, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- APR 25 - The Black Hour - Supporting Black Student Success through Racially Equitable State Policy, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- APR 25 - Soul Cream Social, 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- APR 26 - The Black Hour - Transition to Workforce and Livable Wages, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- APR 26 - BEA Meet & Greet, 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- APR 27 - The Black Hour - Programming for Black Student Success, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- APR 28 - The Black Hour - The Diaspora Dialogues: Educators' Reflections from Ghana, 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- APR 29 - LPC New Hawk Day, 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - The BCRC will be open!
- MAY 24 - Chabot-Las Positas Black Graduation, 6:00 - 8:00pm, Chabot College Performing Arts Center (PDF)
- MAY 27 - Las Positas College 33rd Annual Commencement Ceremony - 2 Sessions
- 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- 12:30 - 2:00 p.m.
Stay on the Look out for other BEA Sponsored Events
Movie Nights, Music Hour, Porch Talks, Queer Support Talks, Poetry Nights, Black Film Fridays, HBCU Tours, Newsletter, BCRC Study Sessions, Black Wednesday, Black Business Career Fair and more...