Health Services & Insurance
Medical care in the United States is good but extremely costly. Proof of comprehensive health insurance is mandatory while attending Las Positas College. Your plan must:
- include medical coverage for accidents and illnesses
- include repatriation
- include medical evacuation, and
- provide coverage for the entire semester(s) that you are studying.
We strongly recommed that you purchase a health insurance policy that provides:
- medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness
- repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000
- expenses associated with the medical evacuation of the student to his or her home country in the amount of $50,000
- a deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
If you do not have health insurance, you must purchase it and present evidence of continuous medical insurance coverage to the International Student Program office before the end of the second week of classes. The International Student Program Office staff will be happy to assist you by recommending several Insurance plans.
- Compass Benefit Group
- Gateway USA
- HTH Worldwide
- International Student Insurance - Student Secure
- ISO Student Health Insurance
- Study USA- Health Care
Supplemental Medical Evacuation and Repatriation Coverage
Dental and Vision Insurance
All International Students at Las Positas College must be screened for Tuberculosis, either by a physician before you arrive or within the first 2 weeks of the start of classes. This can be done at the Las Positas College Student Health Center. Below is some important information about Tuberculosis.
International Student Program
Building 1600, Second Floor
Phone, email and appointments
The International Student Office will be closed November 10, 2023 - November 26, 2023.
Friday: November 17, 2023 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. PST
Monday: November 20, 2023 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. PST