Las Positas College welcomes International Students!
Any person who is a high school graduate or equivalent thereof, or who is 18 years of age or older and who can profit from the instruction offered is eligible to apply for admissions to Las Positas College.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis and recommend that you apply early to allow time for the visa interview process. We begin to accept applications for our Spring Semester in mid-September and for our Fall Semester in mid-February. Due to college and visa processing times, our deadlines are as follows:
|Semester||Outside the U.S.||Within the U.S.||Orientation||Classes Begin|
|Fall||July 1||August 1||Beginning - August||Mid - August|
|Spring||December 1||January 1||Beginning - January||Mid - January|
Applications received after these recommended deadlines will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We encourage you to apply early.
The following documents are required for admission as an International student. All forms, information, and documentation must be submitted by email, mail or fax before your application can be evaluated. The College will make every effort to advise prospective international students of their admission status as soon as possible after receiving the required documents.
- International Student Supplemental Application (pdf) which includes:
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility
- Bank Certification (showing more than $23,428)
- International Student Agreement
- Negative Tuberculosis Test
- Non-refundable Filing Fee ($100.00). To pay this fee by credit/ debit card, use our: Application Fee Payment by Credit or Debit Card Form (pdf)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- High School and University Transcripts (translated to English)
- Copy of unexpired Passport or Government ID
After arrival in the US, please provide the following:
- Copy of U.S. visa, passport biographic page, and Form I-94
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Identification Photographs (2)
For Transfer Students attending another U.S. institution only. If you are NOT attending another U.S. institution, please go to Step 4.
Submit the Transfer Instructions Form (pdf) and a copy of your acceptance letter to your CURRENT school's International Student Advisor or Designated School Official (DSO).
- Transfer Verification Form from previous school
- Official transcript
- Copy of prior I-20
International Student Program Office
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Livermore, CA 94551 USA
Fax to : +1 (925) 424-1877
Scan to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: You will need to download the free Acrobat Reader in order to view or print these documents.
International Student Program
Building 1600, Second Floor
Phone, email and appointments
The International Student Office will be closed November 10, 2023 - November 26, 2023.
Friday: November 17, 2023 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. PST
Monday: November 20, 2023 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. PST