What to do when you receive your Activation Notification:
Before you Leave
- Notify the school and your professor/instructor that you have been activated and present the appropriate administrator with a copy of your orders.
- Be sure to make contact either in person or via telephone. Leaving a voicemail or email message is insufficient because further information may be required.
- Keep a record of names, dates, individuals, and a brief summary of your conversations with the school and lending institution.
- Notify your school's VA Certifying Official at your school that you have been activated and present your activation orders. Discuss the appropriate course of action with the VA Certifying Official at your school. Note: Do not withdraw from school until you have your orders.
- Contact your student loan lending institution. It is your responsibility to follow through with any procedure the lender indicates.
- Call your Education Office. If you encounter any problems resolving your academic status, request assistance from your Education coordinator.
Note: To ensure proper credit and to prevent any financial loss to the soldier, these steps must be completed prior to departure.
When you Return
- Contact the VA Certifying Official at your school to determine your eligibility for the Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP - Chapter 1607) or the Active Duty GI Bill (MGIB-AD Chapter 30) and to establish reinstatement of your GI Bill benefits.
- To determine your eligibility for MGIB-AD Chapter 30, contact the ARNG GI Bill Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) or your state GI Bill Manager.
- Upon redeployment, if you plan to continue your education, contact your college admissions professional to find out what steps you must take to re-enroll. If you withdrew from school, you may be required to re-apply in order to get back into their system. Contact your school's admissions counselor for application details and to determine your class standing. Note: Depending on how long you were away from school, this process may differ from that of a first time applicant.
- Re-establish contact with your academic advisor to discuss continuation of your degree program. Contact your Evaluator to discuss the applicable credit for your military experience and training.
- Contact your state Education Services Officer and TA Manager to determine eligibility for tuition assistance and state-funded education assistance (if applicable).
Veterans Resource Center
(next to the flag pole and book store)
Veterans Office Hours and
Veterans Resource Center Hours
AUGUST 1st - 12th
MONDAY - THURSDAY: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
9:00 AM - NOON
AUGUST 15th - DECEMBER
Mon: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tues.: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Wed.: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thurs: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri.: 9:00 AM - NOON
Veterans First Coordinator
Support the Veterans First Program
Additional Contact Information
Additional VA Contact Information
A Supporter of the LPC Veterans First Program