- Las Positas College
- Las Positas College Student Government
- Associated Students of Las Positas College
Las Positas College Student Government
This section will be updated as LPCSG becomes aware of legislation issues.
Fall 2018 Special Election
The Las Positas College Student Government (LPCSG) has worked hard over the past year to amend our governing legal documents, including our Constitution and Bylaws. These updates will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our representative student government, providing concise and clear direction on procedures like adopting a budget, organizing elections, and coordinating campus events.
On October 18, 2018, during a regularly scheduled meeting, LPCSG approved proposed changes to the Constitution and Bylaw. Now the time has come to take it to the student body for a vote. From Monday, November 5, 2018 through Sunday, November 11, 2018, LPCSG will host a special election in which the student body may vote to adopt these new governing documents. It is imperative to have a consenting public to ratify these new governing documents, for without the support of the student body these documents will be void and no changes will be made to the existing Constitution and Bylaws.
Why does it matter? A more effective and efficient student government will be able to confidently take action on issues like textbook prices, student education policies, and student rights. By adopting these governing documents, you can help the student-led representative body improve the campus culture, and in that way, improve your own experience at Las Positas College.
Nathan Fish, LPCSG Director of Legislation
The Special Election will be held on ClassWeb from Monday, November 5th - Sunday, November 11th 2018.
- SB 850 Block (posted 3/12/14)
- Baccalaureate Programs in Community Colleges (posted 3/12/14)
- Oil Severence Tax (posted 3/12/14)
- California Budget (posted 1/24/14)
- SB 1456 Student Success Act of 2012 (posted 10/29/13)
- “Government Shutdown: Get up to speed in 20 questions” Article, President Obama’s speech on Government Shutdown, “Repeat After Me: The Deficit is Falling. The Deficit is Falling.” Article (posted 10/21/13)
- Time Line of Health Care Law: Specifically the Affordable Care Act of 2010 (posted 10/21/13)
- AB 1285 Student Financial Aid: Cal Grant Program (posted 10/7/13)
- AB 1358 Student Body Association: Student Representation Fee (posted 9/26/13)
- SB 1440 Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act or The Associates Degrees for Transfer (AA-T/ AS-T) (posted 9/23/13)
- SB 440 Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act-STAR (posted 9/23/13)
- Stop OnLine Piracy Act SOPA (posted 1/4/12)
- AB 656 Fair Share for Fair Tuition (posted 6/1/10)
- SB 1143 (posted 6/1/10)
- Governor Delivers Remarks at UC, CSU, and CCC Rally on June 3, 2010 (posted 6/7/10)
- SB 1440 Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act (updated 11/8/10)
- Community College and Career-Training Grant Program ( posted 12/10/10)
- AB 130 Dream Act (posted 12/10/10)
- House Extenders Bill & Employer-Provided Educational Assistance (EGTRRA)(posted 12/10/10)
- AB 63 (posted 1/11/11)
- AB 91 (posted 1/11/11)
Inter-Club Council Chair
Director of Legislation
Director of Events
Director of Communications