Current News and Events
To post a News and Events item, please email Donna Alaoen.
- Las Positas College Department of Psychology presents Dr. Robert Sapolsky's "Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers" - Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at 7:30 pm in the Main Theater - Mertes Center for the Arts (Building 4000).
- LLNL -LPCScience and Engineering Seminar - Thursday, April 9, 2015 from 6:00 -7:15 pm in Room 2420.
- Las Positas College's 40th Anniversary! Save the date: Friday, April 17th. More information to follow...
- 37th Annual Las Positas College - Spring Fine Art Festival 2015, Thursday, May 7, 2015 from 4:30 - 6:30 pm at MCA Gallery (Bldg. 4000). Entry form must be submitted no later than noon on Wednesday, April 22, 2015. Click here for more details!
- 25th Annual Commencement Ceremony, Saturday, May 30, 10 am, Gym
- E-Counseling – Online Counseling is now available to registered LPC students who are not able to see a counselor in person! Review the e-counseling webpage to check if your question is best answered through our online services.
- Click here for the Performing Arts schedule.
- LIBRARY NEWS - The Library has temporarily moved to Building 700.
- See the Campus Map for Bldg. 700 location near Parking Lot B.
- The Reading and Writing (RAW) Center has online resources that students will find helpful right away, including lessons about grammar, organization, and reading strategies! Face-to-face and online services begin February 18th (due to budget constraints). Visit our webpage in the meantime and get the help you need now!
- Honors Program information here! Get new, high-level experience with your projects and presentations.
- Registration for Attending or Teaching Community Education Classes (fee-based classes, not for collge credit) is held several times a year. Visit http://laspositas.augusoft.net/ to register for language, photography, and even an introduction to Ghost Hunting in the new year!
- Sometimes we all need someone to talk to ... The Helping Hands Program staff and faculty are here for you.
- Find out about all your health care options at the Student Health Center, Bldg. 1700. Their goals include letting you know how to get covered and providing basic health care on campus. See the Health & Wellness page for the info!
- If you do not have healthcare... For information on affordable health care go to https://www.coveredca.com, the official Covered California website. The next open enrollment period begins November 1, 2014.
- Si usted no tiene seguro médico o paga mucho dinero. Aqui lo pueden ayudar. La información sobre Ley del Cuidado de Salud ir a https://www.coveredca.com/espanol (el sitio oficial “Covered California” ).