Current News and Events
To post a News and Events item, please email Donna Alaoen.
- Las Positas College's 40th Anniversary! Save the date: Friday, April 17th, 2015.
- 37th Annual LPC Spring Fine Art Festival 2015,
Art Exhibit - April 25th through May 14th. Exhibits will be located in the MCA Gallery (Building 4000), the Libary and in Building 2400.
Gala Reception - Thursday, May 7, 2015 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at MCA Gallery (Bldg. 4000).
Entry forms must be submitted no later than noon on Wednesday, April 22nd, 2015. Click for more details!
- 25th Annual Commencement Ceremony, Saturday, May 30, 2015 at 10 a.m. in the LPC Gym.
- E-Counseling – Online Counseling is now available to registered LPC students who are not able to see a counselor in person! Review the e-counseling webpage to check if your question is best answered through our online services.
- Click here for the Performing Arts schedule.
- LIBRARY NEWS - The Library has temporarily moved to Building 700.
- See the Campus Map for Bldg. 700 location near Parking Lot B.
- The Reading and Writing (RAW) Center has online resources that students will find helpful right away, including lessons about grammar, organization, and reading strategies! Face-to-face and online services begin February 18th (due to budget constraints). Visit our webpage in the meantime and get the help you need now!
- Honors Program information here! Get new, high-level experience with your projects and presentations.
- Registration for Attending or Teaching Community Education Classes (fee-based classes, not for collge credit) is held several times a year. Visit http://laspositas.augusoft.net/ to register for language, photography, and even an introduction to Ghost Hunting in the new year!
- Sometimes we all need someone to talk to ... The Helping Hands Program staff and faculty are here for you.
- Find out about all your health care options at the Student Health Center, Bldg. 1700. Their goals include letting you know how to get covered and providing basic health care on campus. See the Health & Wellness page for the info!
- If you do not have healthcare... For information on affordable health care go to https://www.coveredca.com, the official Covered California website. The next open enrollment period begins November 1, 2014.
- Si usted no tiene seguro médico o paga mucho dinero. Aqui lo pueden ayudar. La información sobre Ley del Cuidado de Salud ir a https://www.coveredca.com/espanol (el sitio oficial “Covered California” ).