Health Services & Insurance
Our Student Health Center is located on campus and is open to all International students for medical consultations and help. This does not replace the need for medical insurance.
Medical care in the United States is good but extremely costly. Proof of comprehensive health insurance is mandatory while attending Las Positas College. Your plan must:
- include medical coverage for accidents and illnesses
- include repatriation
- include medical evacuation, and
- provide coverage for the entire semester(s) that you are studying.
We also recommed that you purchase a health insurance policy that:
- provides a minimum of $250,000 for each accident or illness
- has a deductible of $100 or less, and
- covers at least 75% of hospital and medical costs.
If you do not have health insurance, you must purchase it and present evidence of continuous medical insurance coverage to the International Student Program office before the end of the second week of classes. The International Student Program Office staff will be happy to assist you by recommending several Insurance plans.
- Compass Benefit Group
- Gateway USA
- HTH Worldwide
- International Student Insurance - Student Secure
- ISO Student Health Insurance
- Student Insurance
- Study USA- Health Care
All International Students at Las Positas College must be screened for Tuberculosis, either by a physician before you arrive or within the first 2 weeks of the start of classes. This can be done at the Las Positas College Student Health Center. Below is some important information about Tuberculosis.