Instructions: What to Do the Day of the Event
- Graduates are REQUIRED to report to Building 2400, Room 2401, starting at 8:15 am . . . NO LATER than 8:30 am SHARP to register for the event, complete a name card, complete a college survey, and receive further instructions. College employees will be available to assist graduates with the process. Light snacks and refreshments will be available.
- Graduates should arrive wearing their graduation regalia (cap, gown, with tassel hanging from the front right side of cap). Extra regalia is not available for rent or purchase the day of the event.
- Due to the timing of the ceremony, there is no opportunity to leave the venue once you arrive. Parents, children, or guests are not allowed in the registration area.
- There is no rehearsal. An instructional video and instructions are posted online at "How to Video and PowerPoint Instructions." Please review prior to Commencement.
- Graduates will be led by college deans from Building 2400 to Building 2500 (Physical Education Complex) where Commencement will take place.
- Graduates are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and leave personal items at home or with family or friends as there is not a place to stow your items - travel light.
- Graduates will need to follow all instructions and will be asked not to stray or linger once lined up.
- Graduates will be seated in rows in the gymnasium. No assigned seating for graduates.
- Graduates will not be permitted to leave the ceremony until the end.
- Guests will not be permitted on the gymnasium floor before or during the ceremony.
- Graduates will be able to meet their loved ones outside of the gymnasium after the ceremony has ended.
- After the ceremony ends, you may re-enter the gymnasium with your family or friends to take pictures on the commencement stage.
- Additional props are available to take pictures with outside the venue.
- HAVE FUN!