- Financial Aid Home
- 2018-19 Sample Award Letter
- AB19 The California College Promise
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Types of Financial Aid
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- Class-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw & Financial Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Current Federal Workstudy Jobs
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Financial Aid Staff
- Foster Youth Resources
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- LPCSG Textbook Loaner Program
- LPC Veterans First Program
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2018-2019
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Resources (Various)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
Get One-on-One Help Filling Out your FAFSA or DREAM Application
Room 1672 Online Service Center next to Admissions and Records
|Friday||December 7th||9:30 am - 10:30 am|
Financial Literacy Workshops
Financial literacy is the education and understanding of various financial areas including topics related to managing personal finance and money. To be financially literate is to know how to manage your money. These workshops will vary in financial literacy topics.
|Thursday||December 6th||3:30 pm - 4:30 pm|
IMPORTANT FAFSA INFORMATION
www.fafsa.ed.gov - for online application
2018-2019 FAFSA - If you are eligible, a Fee waiver for summer 2018, Pell grant for fall 2018, spring 2019, and summer 2019
2019-2020 FAFSA available starting October 1st, 2018. Please file your FAFSA before the Cal Grant Deadline March 02, 2019. If you are eligible, a Fee waiver for summer 2019, Pell grant for fall 2019, spring 2020, and summer 2020
RaiseMe partners with universities to offer students scholarships for their achievements during community college.
Las Positas College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid refunds and other credit balances to students. We are committed
to delivering 100% of students’ refunds, providing students with clear choices and
offering great customer service. Choices include an electronic deposit to another
account or electronic deposit to a BankMobile Vibe account, an optional account designed
specifically for students with access to 55,000 fee-free Allpoint® ATMs, money management
tools and a one-of-a-kind recognition program.
For More Information
Please Note: All Federal Work-study positions are filled at this time. Please check
back periodically for future postings. Current Federal Workstudy Jobs
A new FAFSA must be filed every year starting October 1st. The Cal Grant deadline (through the FAFSA) is March 2nd of every year. It is one application to apply for a Pell Grant and a Cal Grant and it is by filing the FAFSA. Please read more on Cal Grants.
The U.S. Department of Education has recently implemented Year-Round Pell Grants, allowing students to receive up to 150% of a regular grant award over the course of the academic year (fall, spring, and summer) so that they can continue taking classes in the summer and finish their degrees faster than they would otherwise. Click here for more information.
For eligible California residents, the California College Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) permits enrollment fees to be waived.
Looking for a job or an internship? Please review the Las Positas College Internship and Job Board at http://laspositascollege.edu/internship-job-board/
More than 100 jobs posted! Over 500 employers and over 900 students and alumni are registered. Students have landed excellent positions, such as marketing internships with the Transit Authority and IT positions at banks.
If students have questions, they can email WBL@laspositascollege.edu.
If you cannot find your Financial Aid Information on the Zone or on CLASS-Web.
Reasons may be:
- You have NOT completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You have NOT entered our College/ Federal School Code in your submitted FAFSA
- You have completed your FAFSA but we have NOT received it. It takes approximately 7-10 days after your FAFSA submission for us to retrieve your information
Always double check:
- Make sure you have completed the correct FAFSA for the appropriate Financial Aid Year.
Free Preschool Program for Qualifying Families