Welcome to Las Positas College and the start of the new academic year!
Our faculty, staff, and administrators have been working diligently to implement a thoughtful and safe plan for the fall semester to meet the challenges of COVID-19. We are well prepared to provide you with excellent online instruction and high-quality support services during these unprecedented times. We look forward to assisting you in achieving your educational goals this semester.
Below is brief summary of our plans for fall 2020:
- The majority of classes will be delivered online; there will be a limited number of class sections that will meet in-person on a limited basis, adhering to state and county public orders
- The Computer Center, Tutorial Center, Reading and Writing Center, and Smart Shops Series Workshops will continue to provide virtual, on-line services and support
- The Library will continue to offer online services and support and provide technology check-out and general circulation (books, periodicals, DVDs, CDs, as well as course reserve textbooks). Check out of technology and other physical materials is initiated online and pickup occurs during scheduled appointments only. There are no drop-in services available
- Counseling and Financial Aid will continue to provide virtual, on-line services and support
Limited, in-person services that will adhere to required state and county public health order safety protocols:
- Admissions and Records, Disability Resource Center, and Student Health & Wellness Center will offer limited in person services
- The cafeteria will offer limited in person services and provide grab and go options; Monday – Thursday from 7:30am – 2:00pm
- The bookstore will provide curbside pick-up availability for students
- Campus Safety and Security will continue to provide support to the campus community and will ensure that everyone on campus adheres to required county safety protocols
- Free Wi-Fi internet access will be available in college parking lots “C” and “D” for students
If you plan to visit the college to attend class, receive support services, or conduct essential business, please be mindful that Las Positas College is strictly adhering to the most up-to-date county and state public health orders. This means that while on-campus, you must:
- Properly wear a face mask covering both your nose and mouth
- Maintain social distancing at least 6 feet apart
- Practice good hygiene, wash your hands often
- Feel Sick? Go Home.
Las Positas College has taken precautions to help ensure your health and safety. However, we ask you to join us by doing your part so that we may continue to offer limited in-person instruction and support services to meet your educational needs.
For additional information regarding on-line and limited in-person services, please visit the links on the right-hand side of this page.
Thank you for choosing Las Positas College and I wish you a successful fall 2020 semester!
Dyrell Foster, Ed.D.
Las Positas College
- Admissions & Records Office
- Campus Safety & Security
- Child Development Center
- Computer Center
- Counseling Department
- Disability Resource Center
- Financial Aid Office
- Math Help
- Online College Info & Resources
- Online Learning
- Preparing for Online Learning
- Reading & Writing Center
- Smart Shop Series Workshops
- Student Health & Wellness Center
- Technology Loan Request Form
- Tutorial Center