Continuing, Returning and Transfer Students
All Las Positas college students need to complete the English/Math assessments, online orientation and Student Education Plan (SEP). Once you have completed these three core services, you will be eligible for priority registration for the following term.
Please complete all the following steps before attending an English/Math, Chemistry or ESL assessment session:
- Apply to Las Positas College if you have not attended in the last year.
- Complete the Online Orientation.
- Review the Study Guides and prepare for your assessment. This is very important as you will not be allowed to re-test for 6 months after taking the English/Math or Chemistry assessment and one year for the ESL Assessment.
- Choose an Assessment session that is convenient for you from the Assessment Schedule*. (PDF Flyer)
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the session, bring a valid photo ID and your student ID "W" number.
- The Assessement Specialist will place you in a Program Planning Session to complete you student education plan, so bring your school/work schedule.
Exemptions from taking the English/Math Assessment may be granted for the following reasons:
- You already have a degree.
- You have been assessed previously at another college.
- You have AP scores of "3" or higher in either English or Math.
- You have a score of "College Ready" on both English and Math for the Early Assessment Program (EAP).
You will need to see a Counselor to have your exemption request approved. Please contact the Counseling Office at 925-424-1400 for more information.
See Assessment Policies for more information or call (925) 424-1475.
*The Assessment Schedule is planned well in advance and is subject to change due to staffing or other unforseen issues. Please check the website for the most updated information or call (925) 424-1475.